The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I harvest 200 acres of dry edible beans(azukis) using 1020 flex with an air reel and stainless steel floor. Just purchased new 6088 and need to know if a flex draper will collect the low pods on these plants as well as a 2020 flex with an air reel. I know it will work great in soys and small grain but not so sure about the azukis. Because of so much threshing on knife, I am concerned beans will roll off draper. Hope to make the right decision on header purchase before crop time!!! My dealer thinks I should have the flex draper.

Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Been there, done that. What is your row width on azukis? It doesn't work so well on 30' rows with the flexdraper. We have tried in both azukis and whites. We have done azukis on 19" rows and whites on 15" rows and both worked well. This past year the azukis were quite short and I'm not sure how good we would have done on the 19's. Our guy has switched to 30" and it didn't work. First time in four years we had trouble. An airreel on the flexdraper would have worked but how much do you spend?

·
Registered
247 Posts
With short plants on 30" rows there wasn't enough material coming in inbetween the rows to keep crop feeding onto the drapers. We were losing plants over the front of the knife between the bean rows. Speeding up the reel to 'kick' them in caused too much shelling. With short plants it just didn't work without an airreel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts