The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
That upholstery bulge is smaller on the new 8r cabs.I always sit with the seat swiveled sideways all the way, and because there is no leg room because of the bulge the one side of my back and neck hurt like heck at the end of the day.New cabs have more leg room.As for seeing the hitch we have a camera mounted beside the ISBOUS connector on the back and have it set up to come on the 4600 when tractor is put into revers, you can line up the two holes in the drawbar better than you possibly could if you saw it through the rear window.
we have all our camera ports filled from our BG air cart. 4600 and 2630. Otherwise that’s the answer for sure.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I don't have any newer John Deere tractors beyond the 30 series, but I certainly agree about the cab comfort level on the machines I have. Seats fit me better than the Case seats do. Too bad the 8R seats are less comfortable. The cab fans have always been rather loud on our tractors, going back to the 00 series.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Everybody's grandpa had a collective "roll over in the grave" moment when they heard complaining about an upholstery bulge...?

On a performance related note, have they lengthened the wheelbase on these 4WD's yet so they pull better? JD always used to have a shorter wheelbase but maybe that has changed?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Everybody's grandpa had a collective "roll over in the grave" moment when they heard complaining about an upholstery bulge...?

On a performance related note, have they lengthened the wheelbase on these 4WD's yet so they pull better? JD always used to have a shorter wheelbase but maybe that has changed?
must be a good tractor eh?! Our only real complaints are about the interior ! I have no clue about wheelbase. Hopefully someone else can answer that. I do think the reversing fan should be standard on all tractors. For seeding and cart work it would be great.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
must be a good tractor eh?! Our only real complaints are about the interior ! I have no clue about wheelbase. Hopefully someone else can answer that. I do think the reversing fan should be standard on all tractors. For seeding and cart work it would be great.
Oh it's certainly a nice tractor, but what isn't these days. I just find it funny the JD guys complain about the cab all the time, because that's one thing they know how to tinker with every model.

I totally agree on the fan, you can get that on a Versatile BTW.;)

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
The 2015 9R wheeled was a complete redesign, its physically a much larger tractor where as the early 9R were the same as a 9400.

Reactions: SWMan

·
Registered
313 Posts

You obviously have no clue what we mean by upholstery bulge.It is the wheel well bulge(there no need for a wheel well bulge in a 4WD) covered in upholstery,and there is no room for you legs when seat is swiveled to the right,you body is sideways while your legs are still forward.Versatile ,case, newholland have a full window on the right side that goes all the way to the floor

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
You obviously have no clue what we mean by upholstery bulge.It is the wheel well bulge(there no need for a wheel well bulge in a 4WD) covered in upholstery,and there is no room for you legs when seat is swiveled to the right,you body is sideways while your legs are still forward.Versatile ,case, newholland have a full window on the right side that goes all the way to the floor
Isn't it the hydraulic tank, or have they moved that? I drove a 9570R for a bit and remember it being a bit warm in the cab, maybe from warm oil being in close proximity? Seemed to me that was on right side but it was a few years back.

Another thing I remember was the Claas-like incessant beeping of the plugged cab filter warning, very annoying...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes is is warm i think that is from the exhaust system that is right beside the cab, the hydo tank has been move down on machines that have tier 4 final engines.

·
Registered
866 Posts
John Deere missed an opportunity by not having a hydraulic oil heated coffee maker. Had a cup holder that kept water and coffee warm.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It was so bad in some tractors that you could not stand it siting with your shoes off the floor was so warm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Case an john deere both making changes for 2021 case dealer told me that magnums will reach 500 horsepower an steiger will go to 700 so I'm sure deere will follow soon
I don't think all those CaseIH changes (bigger magnum and Steiger) will be made in 2021, too early.

About JD we can think about updates of the 9R series with the new cab and the new 13,6 l engine...
...and who knows, how many users would like a CVT transmission?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deere also announced a 18L engine, wonder if the Cummins is gonna get axed from the big tractors.
Deere used Cummins before didn't work out to good in the 8960 an 70 series not knocking Cummins but deere an Cummins aren't on the same page when it comes to service

·
Registered
22 Posts
Liebherr engine.
I don't know if the new jd will share something with the Liebherr, but at moment JD declare more power and the production plat in waterloo.
We have to wait for specs and dimensions to understand more.

About the application they don't have product in their tractor portfolio that can be served by this engine.
The new 13,6 with 685 hp will cover perfectly a new 9R series as long as they don't want to make a bigger model.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't know if the new jd will share something with the Liebherr, but at moment JD declare more power and the production plat in waterloo.
We have to wait for specs and dimensions to understand more.

About the application they don't have product in their tractor portfolio that can be served by this engine.
The new 13,6 with 685 hp will cover perfectly a new 9R series as long as they don't want to make a bigger model.
Wonder why deere always wants to make big HP with small displacement. Put the 18L in at 700 HP and have something that lasts, unlike the piece of garbage 13.5 they currently put in their machines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wonder why deere always wants to make big HP with small displacement. Put the 18L in at 700 HP and have something that lasts, unlike the piece of garbage 13.5 they currently put in their machines.
I agree, it could be better, but as you can read in the press release this new engine is not available at the moment.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts