The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put simply BASF raising Invigour 9%, Liberty 7%. I’m sure the others will be following suit. Just another kick to the knackers. Will have to fine tune the drill seed slower with fewer lbs.

Hutts booked some health canola from Cargill, $115/ac includes chemical. Nearly blew the eyes out of my head when field boss told me. Keep buying and paying that ridiculous amount and it will be $125 in 24.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Lots of guys growing 40bu plus selling it for spot price at $17 plus today … it still works and they know it.
Works if they sell it all and actually pay for inputs and equipment on time. Guys paying high interest on inputs and equipment plus to high of land rent and let’s see how they fair in 2023.

Inputs suppliers all say credit lines are Maxed out and more. That’s not 5% or 6% money

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
9% is pretty much what inflation was this past year, so I guess they are keeping pace. Of course that means that higher commodity prices don't get us any farther ahead than we were before.

The continuing shortage of Liberty is concerning. I'd think twice about growing LL canola if I didn't have the Liberty in place (from any source) and on farm before the seed arrives.

Did anyone who was short Liberty this year also spray the old conventional canola chemicals? Muster and Assure II? We still use that on our non-tolerant male canola. If you put edge down first it seems to work okay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys paying high interest on inputs and equipment plus to high of land rent and let’s see how they fair in 2023.

Inputs suppliers all say credit lines are Maxed out and more. That’s not 5% or 6% money
Farming is a business, if they don't have the business sense to cashflow properly to make payments and then overpay on land or get in over head in debt, they will have no one to blame but themselves. Would like to say that it could give some opportunities to younger folks, but will probably be the same story of consolidation and bigger farms that's been going on for decades.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Put simply BASF raising Invigour 9%, Liberty 7%. I’m sure the others will be following suit. Just another kick to the knackers. Will have to fine tune the drill seed slower with fewer lbs.

Hutts booked some health canola from Cargill, $115/ac includes chemical. Nearly blew the eyes out of my head when field boss told me. Keep buying and paying that ridiculous amount and it will be $125 in 24.
Sounds like it's time for some generics. Wonder what our universities are doing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just horrid. Crunch the numbers and a solid fert plan on canola with 100$/ ac rent puts you at 450 before personal farm fixed costs.
Sounds great! Ill take 2.
Might need to do some bin run... cleaned up, Thru the planter.
Spray 2 pass liberty and we are at what
. 50$/ ac with centurion/ assure. ? Yeesh...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Sounds like it's time for some generics. Wonder what our universities are doing.
Universities are funded by corporations just like many colleges in Ag. They won't piss off the hand that feeds them. That is why it has taken so long to even consider regenerative ag as a real thing. It fills corporate pockets less who support the Ag education system. Kind of like Trudeau owning the media.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Just horrid. Crunch the numbers and a solid fert plan on canola with 100$/ ac rent puts you at 450 before personal farm fixed costs.
Sounds great! Ill take 2.
Might need to do some bin run... cleaned up, Thru the planter.
Spray 2 pass liberty and we are at what
. 50$/ ac with centurion/ assure. ? Yeesh...
How are you at only 450$. Our did you leave equipment and insurance and fuel out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Set forth plainly BASF raising Invigour 9%, Freedom 7%. I'm certain the others will be going with the same pattern. Simply one more kick to the knackers. Should adjust the drill seed more slow with less lbs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts