The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
2,916 Posts
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<X-Amz-Expires>1800</X-Amz-Expires>
<Expires>2023-01-23T18:30:04Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2023-01-24T14:29:26Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>V1S81DWBR2R48RMJ</RequestId>
<HostId>Usnn1CjZMXJiLD9lO2td7Mw0jLRIFeXKff7fBMX472c1KIIINyJ/bsulDGMQBoJJphlbZTYjJ80=</HostId>
</Error>

· Super Moderator
31,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That link is a PDF link from Profi magazine, as such I was surprised it ever worked as a post link, it works again this am for me but is obviously erratic.
Based mainly on that article and having seen a pre-series at AIM (Ag In Motion) last July I will summarize.

Loss monitor calibration is interesting, apparently loss is compared with flow to grain tank then allowing a percentage loss allowed setting, all setting functions and ground speed set automatically from that.

When in field mode and under 10 km/hr centered to full rear wheel steering lock is only 2/3’s of a steering wheel turn, Claas loves the name Dynamic this and Dynamic that, you guessed it, Dynamic Steering. That beats fidgety joy stick control In my book.

Electric adjustable discharge grain spout, surprised they didn’t call it Dynamic Spout.

Cab is the same as introduced on the Trion series last year, more room, more cup holders, thin window pillars, footpegs, 30° swivel seat, completely redesigned air conditioning and heating system, three piece mirrors, handier cooler access buddy seat, higher front windshield wiper contact pressure and alternating rotation and washer improvements.

Slow feed forward feeder reverser, called Soft Feed and just a mere 37 years behind New Holland.

Walk in hopper extension rear door on the biggest hopper and only a one piece extension now.

Other little things of course but that is the main gist of changes.

· Super Moderator
31,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Is the impeller different design than 2022 s on 8700
Yes but the 8800 got that in 2020, until just now I assumed all 8X00 were changed then.

My mistake, it has been pointed out to me the impeller will be changed on the 8700 as it also gets six rotor grates and 1200 RPM rotors for 23, up from 5 grates and 1000 rpm.
So it appears different impeller and rotor grates/speed are packaged together. I have no idea why.

· Registered
1,347 Posts
Is the loss calibration only relevent as far as the cemos is concerned or would alter the readings by percentage of loss on the monitor also for those not using cemos ? As far as I know there have been no grain loss monitors that are speed or throughput indexed which is a pet peeve .

· Super Moderator
31,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the loss calibration only relevent as far as the cemos is concerned or would alter the readings by percentage of loss on the monitor also for those not using cemos ? As far as I know there have been no grain loss monitors that are speed or throughput indexed which is a pet peeve .
Looks like there is throughput indexed now, that is the only way a straight % loss system could operate.
To the best of my knowledge Claas has never had this sort of lost monitor calibration other than just the display offset type of adjustment.
Best of all speed as a factor would be eliminated, no need for it when you’re comparing loss and production to grain tank.

The Profi article has an interesting take on it:
The highlight: the driver only selects the loss level (e.g. 0.5%), the rest is automatic: if there is a chance of rain, then you can simply go up to 1.0%, for instance. We are keen to see what initial users think of the system.

· Super Moderator
31,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don are You using the factory impeller or still change them out to a Sunnybrook?
Very few aftermarket parts for the new series yet so no after market.

As a matter of fact, ZAPS do NOT work with the new larger cylinder, even though the APS itself is the same as previous units.
Backfeeds in green canola straw.
Not sure why but Sunnybrook and I will be brainstorming in the near future with Piet.

· Registered
102 Posts
WRT loss monitors, surely there is still going to be a need for a drop pan or visual assessment on the ground….. the sensitivity will still need to be set to tell the system whether the ‘pings’ it is detecting is actual seed or mog.
In the absence of some funky drop pan/ auto weigh setup how can it give an accurate % loss…..? I imagine it will simply be a different way to report the loss rather than the ‘funnels’ or wedge style graph…

1 - 19 of 19 Posts