The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New machine for us, local dealer doesn't have any experience with it either. Just trying to get it set up on the 7010. The combine doesn't seem to be communicating with the header electronics. No auto recognition when you plug it in. Tried to set up everything manually on the 600 display, and everything seems to be working except the float optimizer for height control. Anyone have any ideas? Also where do you guys set the faceplate angle on a tracker equipped feederhouse?

·
Registered
809 Posts
We run our faceplate tipped all the way back toward the combine.

After you hook up the plug you need to lower the platform all the way down and hold it there for a short period of time, then you hold back on the botton... it should raise about 20 inches and stop for a moment and then all the way up.

On the 600 display, there is a "header 1" and a "header 2", on each of these screens you need to scroll down the screen using the touch bar to set up the header completely.

Good luck and post back.

·
Registered
341 Posts
make sure that the header height control on the headeris working free it is the guage and bracket right by the ram used for the knife tilt. we had to lossen the nut slightly for this to work freely the guage when fully down will be at 5 or so and close to 0 when head is off ground. make sure this is free before head calibration and that is just like midwest said. i think it is actually using the hhc not float optimiser, you can set in two heights on guage to run and then just change between them by touching resume, just like with other heads. also would shut off latteral tilt and this is not needed. does your knife tilt work? if so then you are comunicating with header. also make sure it is turned on in the "tool box" "head 1" or "head 2"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did set up everything in the "head1" and "head2" menus. It took a while to find the setting to turn on the tilt switch but everything is working on it except float. I could not find any info in any of the manuals on doing the ground calibration though. So I'll give that a try today. The bracket was sticking a bit and we freed it up with some oil. As for the lateral tilt, I'll make sure it's good and level, then turn it off in "head2" and hope it stays level. We just got the combine about a week ago and I've only done about 50 tons of corn with it so far to try out the 12 row folding Geringhoff head which works amazingly well. The draper came Tuesday and we hope to get it into beans ASAP. I know it's going to take some time to figure everything out but it's great to have this forum for some extra help.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hello Floyd the auto header height when setup for the first time on the 2062's combine will not recognize the float optimizer.
You must lower the feeder until you see the float optimizer gauge move, THEN press the #2 set position for the cut height and the auto indicator should appear on the screen. It seems the 2007 models are the ones that act this way for some reason. Use #2 setting for cut position and the #1 position for the raised position and you should be fine. If this does not work then the float optimizer should be checked for intial setting position.
When cutting the gauge position should be around two.
The lateral tilt is disabled when a draper is on the combine and the feeder speed is automatically set as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well after tinkering with it a bit more this morning, I discovered that 3 of the pins in the header wiring harness plug were slid back inside the plug. You couldn't even tell they were there unless you really looked close straight into the holes. I managed to get them pushed out from the back and locked in position. Plugged back in and finally the monitor asked for height sensor calibration. It wouldn't calibrate right away. Reset the optimizer position following the instructions in the book. Plugged it in again and calibration completed successfully. Pushed it around a bit in some wheat stubble and auto height is working great. I'm going to pick up the header wagon for it tomorrow straight from the Horst factory so with any luck we'll get it moved into a bean field sometime tomorrow afternoon and do some fine tuning in beans. It's kind of funny climbing up into the 2377 with 25 foot flex header again. There was a time when it was so huge. Now it's almost like a toy. Considering with the 7010, you can walk under the 36 foot draper when fully raised. But anyways, thanks for the tips and if I have any more problems, I'll let you all know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts