The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a 21-2300 series hydro handle in a 1600 series combine? If so was it a simple job. I want to use all the fuctions but the on/off for the unload auger. I thought about using that for turn the feeder on/off if possible. Thank You

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't done it yet but plan on doing it through the winter. A handle costs about $250 through a junk yard. looks like the best way is to cut off the bottom of each handle and welding the new one back on. Then play with the wires. My old lever has a hole wore in it so I need to do something with it anyway.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Have you guys had a chance to search through harvesting.com? Its been a while now, but I recall a good discussion somewhere, maybe harvesting or even here or agtalk, about someone that was swapping out the whole seat and console from a 21xx to a 16xx. I know harvesting dont have a search option and the site is bascially broken anyway, but you can scan the topics fairly quickly.

I would sure be curious how it works out for you. I may be interested in the swap if it works for ya.

The main thing I want to do on the hydro is put a new cable on it with some sort of noise damping donuts or something. Right now I think my cable is worn enough internally, that the noise from the fork and tongue at the pump are echoing up through the cable to the cab. I "shimmed?" that clearence betwen the fork and tongue, but it still echoes a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed a 2388 handle in our 1680 machine. It was a kit from a guy in canada that had it pretty much all prewired with instructions. I think it was about 650 2 years ago. He had it wired to where it took an extra switch, I was able to figure out a way to bypass that and I was even able to wire our field tracker into it. The only thing not usable was the auger on off. any question you can email me, here is the guys website link, there is nothing on his website about you would just have to call him.
http://www.jakz.ca/products.htm

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was the handle pretty comfortable to use ?? I like the idea and have never ran a 21xx or 23xx series. Would like to put one in my 1688. Maybe even get the unloader set-up off a 21xx series to use the unloader on/off button feature. (Winter project.
)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
bubbaleroy, I love the handle on my 2188...it is very comfortable. I have rather large hands, size 12.5 ring and my fingers look skinny, so of course they could make it alittle larger. But, over all the controls are well laid out on it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
.....except I wish the auger on-off switch was the feeder house switch. I asked about it here on the forum but never got any good ideas other than a fella was going to take a pic of how he changed things but never got back to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the info.I called the guy in SK and his wife said he doesn't build them anymore, so i guess i will start searching salvage yards to get the parts to do it myself. From what i can see in parts illustrations the handle's pretty much mount the same, so just have to figure the wiring out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ill try to snap some pics of ours, the electrical is the biggest obstacle, the reel up and down is somehow tied to the auger in and out, all said ours has worked pretty well after some tinkering.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do any of you guys have a GOOD salvage yard that you know of that i could get one of these handles from. Have called a couple but all they have are burnt in this area.Phone numbers would be appreciated. Thanks. (Email in profile.)

·
Registered
159 Posts
When I was looking for one this spring "All States Ag Parts" was the only place that I could find one. If you need there number its 1-877-530-4430. I know that when I priced a new one it wasn't that much more expensive that one from a wrecking yard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I thought you could have saved some good money with the salvage route.I just assumed it would have been alot more new.

·
Registered
159 Posts
coleslaw, i like the idea of the extra button( I saw where you had posted it in another post).
Still toying with the idea of installing that style handle in my 1688 and maybe getting the stuff together to make it engage unloader from handle switch . May be cost prohibitive, but i think i would enjoy the end results.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with you bubba this project looks very thought provoking. But thats what I like to do. Nothing better than a good challenge.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like the idea even more since i climbed up in a 2188 a couple of weeks ago.It doesn't look like too much difference on the mounting points for the unloader actuator to put it on my 1688, in fact ,drill acouple of holes and a couple of hyd tees , a liitle wire and adjust it all, it looks like can be done fairly easy.(Famous last words...)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Every body.
I am the guy from SK that has sold over 100 of these kits,The reason that I have quit building them is my farm has growen to the point that me and my men do not have the time to build them any more,They are not that simple to convert,but can be done.I would love to talk to some one that would like to build these in a partner ship, any intrest call me @ 306-745-9170

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi I'm new to the forum and i'm from quebec province, I installed one in my 86' 1460 and it works great it was pretty simple ,however, i don't know if it's the same system on newer machines, first i went to a salvage and get a relay box from a nissan quest , you have to use relays whitout diodes, put a main realy i think it was 50 amperes and fuse all the circuit ,we had to remove the plastic cover and cut it in the corner of the reverse position and reweld it larger to alow the new hydro handle who is bigger the only thing remainig for me is that the switch for the unloader auger won't stay in position when you leave it, case ih made two switches avaible, one who stays in place and one that doesn't the reason is that i would have to put limit switches like production machines for the rest everything was pretty much simple it cost me about 1600$ but i had to put all new parts because there was no used because they were all burned so..that's it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts