The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 9500 combine this coming fall and was wondering if the 216 platform that I have will work on a 9500 combine if for some reason I don't get one bought by harvest time next year?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
It will be fine you will probably have to adjust the knife tilt, and might have to do something with the drive shafts it the 9500 has contour master. The dive shafts isn't a big deal just cut shaft install bearing and bearing holder and install PTO shafts. You're dealer will have the kit for the shafts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
unless you do really wet corn take those filler plates and put them in the barn and cover them up with something you hardly ever move so you forget where they are! it is amazing how much power they suck up. had mine out for 4 years and never had a rock get past the trap in beans and am amazed how much more power i had for corn.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Any problem with corn going through the cylinder unthreshed? We don't ever combine wet corn since we have only in-bin air dry.

Sure would like to never have to put them in (or take them out) again! That's why they were still in there in the first place. Just a PITA to deal with them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
usually an intact cob and never a kernal on it. the guy that had my 7720 before me had a clip type fastener with threads on it to bolt the plates in and it made it world easier to put them back in, but i have only done it once and that was giving him a hand even before i bought the machine a year or two later.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Farmer boy,
Can you explain the process of adjusting the knife tilt? We just found that the 222 flex we had on our 9500 needs tilting down in the front to cut beans.

We ran a 216 on the 9500 this spring cutting oats. It was plenty to keep the combine full in our tough straw conditions. This fall we took the cylinder filler plates out after the first day combining beans and it made a huge difference in the performance of the combine. Probably would have made a bigger difference in the oats.

Our 95OO is an 89 and it connects right up with the chain couplers. Our corn head was converted to the pto shafts so we got the little bolt-on 21 spline adapters for the combine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know how many bolts there are probably 8 or 9 they're located at the back of the head in line with you're skid plate linkage. you loosen the jam nut and turn them in to where you want. The book dose a good job of explaining it. You should lock the skid plates up to do it, but wouldn't have to if you turn them all the same amount. Deere also sells a kit that bolts to the top frame off the head where you're feeder house hooks on. It moves the hooking point back like 6in. thus tilting the head even more. Had these on a 920F and the adjustment bolts turned in the whole way on a 9500. Toke the kit off when we got the 9550 side hill knife angle was to great and was picking up every rock in the field. The knife sections tips were 1/2 off the ground, guards were just scooping them up. O than adjust you're wobble box spring too, this is for a flex head i think a ridge is the same except for spring. If you have a book read it it will explain it better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts