The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got her in the field today best header I've ever seen wished I'd bought one a long time ago. feeds smooth runs quiet 40' in 65 bu soys make thes old 8010 bark we'll have video up before long
yea I bash deere a lot, but I just bought new 24r CCS planter and a 45' finisher whatever the new model is they'll get over it

·
Registered
341 Posts
tony did you consider a CIH 1250 24row planter? we ran one last sping and it was an awesome machine. built much heavier than a deere nt, but maybe you went with a DB

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
if you get in the field for spring-08 before april for some reason or just test out the 2310 in a section, let me know...we're talkin about getting rid of the 726 soil finisher (the now previous model) for a 45' 2310 finisher and wanna know if its worth the extra $20,000 to buy one. have the 9300 tuned for 40% power increase and it should be able to handle it at 8.5mph just fine we hope.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Why doesn't CIH make the 1250 design in a 16 row planter? We bought the 12 row pivot transport planter and love the planter. We just want the flex of the 1250 style. We have problems with the 12 row on terraces because it just doesn't flex very good. The 16 row pivot transport would even be worse because it has eight rows in the center that don't flex other than the row unit itself. We love our planter in every way, and think the pivot transport is a good design for this size of planter, but we just would really prefer the 1250 design for the 16 row planter, and our operation is more suited for the 16 row. Sorry for this being off topic.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did look at a 1250 very hard we have two 1200's I hate to say it, RESALE' plus I do like the JD planter - don't get me wrong the 1200 does a good job but in my years of experience with them they cost more to keep together IE wear out a lot faster.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Getting back to the draper. The 2162 is a much better design than the 2062. The feeding has been changed and the draper is alot more user friendly as far as setting it up and keeping it in adjustment. Are you running a new 07 8010 with it?

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope shes on my old 04 all updated dealership has a bunch of 70's and 80's out all doing well 7010 with 35' 2020 on it 5.8 mph 68 bpa beans 80% power first hand this afternoon

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you bet 2 extensions 27.5 feet works great after running it some more best piece of equipment I have bought in a long time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have an 07 8010 with a new 2062 draper and have had nothing but problems with it. won't flex right and pushes dirt all the time. about ready to pull my hair out. love the way it feeds but if this is the way its going to be give me and auger header that can actually follow the contour of the ground without pushing dirt.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote:Have an 07 8010 with a new 2062 draper and have had nothing but problems with it. won't flex right and pushes dirt all the time. about ready to pull my hair out. love the way it feeds but if this is the way its going to be give me and auger header that can actually follow the contour of the ground without pushing dirt.

Have you gone through the float set up on the head. Sounds like you have something out of wack. The first field I ever did drove me nuts because the head was not set right. After 30 mins of adjusting springs it's the best head for following ground I have ever operated.

·
Registered
809 Posts
redsdfarmer,

Have you tried,

The throat on the front of the feeder house tipped all the back toward the combine.

Your skid plates across the front of the draper adjusted all the way down.

Start out with your center hyd. ram that controls the cutter bar angle all the way drawn in.

I hope this fixes your problems.....If not, the book tell you how to adjust the flex. What year is the draper? I take it your dealer is no help? The older drapers can be tough to get adjusted just right, be sure to follow the book.

Good luck and post back.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what procedure did you use to set it up at 6" of cutter bar height you should be able to pick the ends up with 30#'s of lift just a little adjustment to the pitch makes a big differrnece do you have hyd tilt? mine works incredible will never have another auger header

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey guys thanks for the replys. Since owning a 635 hydraflex last year this head is just taking some getting used to. It is an 07 model with the hydro. tilt. We have set everything up according to the book. I have tried running it through the field with it tilted all the way back but can't seem to get it to cut short enough that way. i have set the skids on the outside all the way down but i do have room to go down with the other skids in the middle so i will try that. The rep from Macdon is coming monday to help us set it up right and to answer questions so i hope that helps. The dealer is helping us all they can but they haven't sold a lot of the heads yet so it is a learning curve for them too i am afraid. (case dealer not macdon dealer) i'll let you know how it turns out monday. been raining here for the last few days so will be going on corn till then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts