The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up a new to me 2166 concaves. I am having difficulty leveling front to rear of the concaves. The rear of the front concave is almost 3/4 of a inch lower then the front of concave three. Also the front concave does not sit proper on the hanger pipe. Front concave on the right side when bolted in place leaves a gap of about 3/4 of a inch compared to the rear concave which is tight to the cover bar.

I am attempting to gain level by adjusting the hanger bar on th right side. Would like to have the engineer who designed the plate hanger bolts into a near blind area of the frame. Am \i on the right track?

While the machine has about 2K separator hours it does not have a lot of damage evident, small dents in the rotor body, well balanced, cone has been replaced as well as rotor covers in last 200 hours.

Don

·
Registered
137 Posts
It is easier to adjust on the left side with the eye-bolt between the concave support bar and the bar that pivots when the motor turns. good luck

·
Registered
561 Posts
How straight are the hanger pipes? You should updtate them to the solid shafts if someone hasnt already. Todd is also on the right track. Check to make sure the concaves haven been bent. As long as the pipes and the concaves are straight you should be able to square the concves to the rotor with the rh adjustments and set the clearance with the lh adjustments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all for your replies.
I pulled the concave out again and did more measurements on it . The concave hanger area is about 3/8 of a inch lower then the other concaves and the hanger pipe about a 1/4 lower at the front to rear. The concaves were thrown in a box for me by the non Case dealer along with some other 14 series parts. I looking to use the best I have at this time.

The hanger and hold down pipe are both solid pipes and are straight. I have put my large wire corn in and installed cover-plates. The level now is less then 3/16 difference. The second and third are small wire concaves and the open grates .

My experience is with TR 85 nd TR88 concaves. I lost my 88 in a fire and replaced with the 2166 for corn last fall. It worked very well and I was impressed with the ease of settings. I hope it runs as well in wheat next week!

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts