The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the correct instructions for setting the header control? Mine has always worked perfectly, I had a couple patches of beans in wet holes we left during harvest and today it would not work at all. I have the switch in Automatic, the other one is HT, I tried Float and RTC. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You've entered the twilight zone!

First, get out and check for mud buildup in the mechanism that controls the header height system. That little lever on the right end of the header should move freely full stroke. Lift the head and that lever needs to stroke to the very top of the slot. drop the head all the way down, and the lever should stroke to the bottom of the slot. If it doesn't do that, then you got mud or something cruding it up.

Every time mine starts acting weird, its something to do with that little shaft.

wd40 can help too. Its gotta be nice and free to move.

If it still isn't working right, get some contact cleaner or brake cleaner and flush the connectors on the side of the feeder house. That is problem area number two. Make sure the plugs are mated correctly. It is easy to plug them in wrong.

Put the header in ht mode, cycle the key off and on, set the header height knob to about midway, raise the head, then click down once. It should go down till the sensor picks it up. Then set the height knob where you want it.

If it was working, and you did some wet areas and now its not working, I've got $20 that says its mud in the mechanisms under the head.

If you've go tracker, It can complicate the diagnosis of what is going on, so turn it off till you get the height controller working like it should.

I know where you're at, it can really leave you thinking "what the ****?"

good luck

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
also sometimes with nothiong but the motor running you need to recalibrate the head by running it all the way to the ground and holding for 5 seconds i thing then hold up till it comes to max hieght on its own

1 - 4 of 4 Posts