The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can run the AC on high and remove the fuse panel lid and avoid this problem but, it gets kinda cold in the cab along toward winter.

Seems to be an overheating problem. Lights are stock but does have the optional lighting package.

I tried replacing the big square fuse but did not help.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
193 Posts
From ASIST:

Symptom :
The field lights flash intermittently

Cause :
The circuit breaker is tripping and resetting

Resolution :
Replace the circuit breaker

[ Hide ]

The mini-circuit breaker may be operating at a level below what it is rated and/or may be affected by the ambient temperature levels in the overhead panel.

Replace the mini-circuit breaker (in the overhead panel) with a mini-circuit breaker of equal rating. Do not substitute a mini-circuit breaker with one of a higher rating! If this does not resolve the issue, replace the mini-circuit breaker with a fuse of equal rating. Do not substitute a fuse of higher rating!

Circuit breakers:

Number

Rating

Circuit

20 Ampere

Left Worklights

20 Ampere

Right Worklights

20 Ampere

Auxiliary Worklights

15 Ampere

Side Floodlamps

10 Ampere

Windshield Wipers

15 Ampere

Lighting Controls / Backlighting

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still having problem with lights going out then coming back on. Relays are hot and I replaced the hottest one but, did not help. Also having trouble with Separator and Header not coming on. All work when first crank up only problem is after warm up and ran a while. Three or four relays heating up. What could cause this?

·
Registered
238 Posts
My 2166 has ongoing problems with the light sockets themselves. Must be known problem bc my mechanic pointed me straight to it. I have tried all sorts of things to get them to stay lite, but the sockets aren't that great. Cheap plastic things.

·
Registered
472 Posts
We had trouble with our header switch the past two seasons in our 2388 and the problem eventually spread to other electrical functions as well. Eventually we lost all power to the cab. When the combine was started in the morning everything worked fine but as the day progressed the problems started. We found that the main power supply coming from the battery to the cab had a poor connection where it enters the cab by the fuse panel. This caused the cable to short and get hot melting the sheath and making the problem worse. Once we fixed this our problems disappeared.

Not really sure that this is your problem but it might be worth looking into. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My unload auger circuit is doing the same thing. Relays hot, problem goes away if you leave the cover off the fuse box.

I already replaced the unload relay.

Will check my grounds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts