The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up with beans now unload auger wouldn't extend. Checked fuse panel and unloader, reel, & header control share same fuse #10. Turned rotor & header on, nothing. Idled machine up to 1700 & everything working now. Haven't had this before.

What do you think, bad conection in fues box where it needs more juice with motor reved up?

A cutout switch for low rpm, dirty connector at cylinoid?

All the above and more stuff to look at?
Racing the rain and no time to look..ahhh, why does stuff always mess up when it's go time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How much wear do you have on your unloader elbow? Does the auger look like its a little lower when it swings out and/or is it having trouble getting back in the cradle when it swings back?

This was the elbow on our 2388 back in 15'. I had to shove it off the cradle in order to get it to swing out.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sounds more like low hydraulic pressure. Could try cleaning oil cooler,adjust the auger rest cradle to make it easier to start swinging out,make sure the auger swivel is getting grease.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oil pressure switch?

I tried pushing on auger with switch turned on but I hear no hydraulic pressure going to cylinder, so It wont budge. Rev motor up past 1700 & it works. I did hear a relay clicking in fuse box when I was unloding 1 time last night, this is same clicking I heard 5 o 6yr ago when I had trouble extending & turning on auger. That time it turned out to be oil pressure switch. OP switch sends signal to ecu, op to low it shuts stuff off or things act weird. Anyway last time the op switch had oil leaking where metal on op switch was bent/crimped around plastic. This switch looks nice and clean. Is there a way to test these idiot switches? I kinda doubt it, but I'd like to isolate the problem and not just take a stab at it by replacing switch.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If the oil pressure switch is just two wires try join them with a wire or just disconnect a wire to see if it works. Depends on how the switch works. Either way if you’ve had that Same issue before and the switch was at fault I’d change it. Nothing is made to last anymore.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have 3 wires. Red black green..rain showing up so I'm stopped now. I'll grab another op gauge & stick on there Monday. If i wanted to cross 2 wires & bypass idiot op gauge to fool ecu and put a digital op gauge on and wire it up in cab so I can see actual oil pressure, which 2 wires would i cross?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts