The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Many are Running 2166 or 2366? I have a 1997 2166 with 1000 engine hours which i have a 25' head on. I have trouble losing beans out the back when get on Hillside. Any one else had these problems. Anyone thought how they would replce there 66 when time comes?

·
Registered
349 Posts
We also owned a 1997 2166 until this past fall. We had around 2400 engine hours and 2000 rotor hours on it. We rebuilt the whole thing, just ran out of capacity. Never had trouble losing beans out the back, could open the sieves up but u may get a bunch of crap in the sample. We ended up replacing our 66 with a 2388, almost to big for us but the 2377 was a joke and we don't have enough help to run 2 combines.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
capacity not really a problem could use more hp somtimes but the 3 elephant ears feed so much better than 2 can average 4.2 mph in 50+bu beans no problem. its just when you get on sidland or terrace it start pushing them out the back

·
Registered
349 Posts
I guess i've never heard of it pushing beans out the back when unlevel. We basically farm flat so i've never really experieced that problem. I'd say slow down a bit but i highly doubt it'd help?

·
Registered
192 Posts
pbullock. Is the machine losing the crop off the right side or the left side when on the hillside depending how the machine is at and the grade. Tell me more about problem.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We ran a 2366 for 4 years. Ran a 1083 ch & a 25' platform on it. We have some rolly ground, but not maybe as rolly as yours and never ran into a problem with it throwing beans out the back. Sounds to me that it is overloading the sieves on one side.

Have you checked for any obstructions that might keep air from flowing evenly across the sieves? Or maybe grates that are plugged that is not allowing grain to drop evenly onto the sieves? When on a sidehill this may cause the problem to magnify if an area of the sieve is already overloaded

We had a 1660 that had a rubber fdlapper that bolted to the farside auger under the concaves to flip grain towards the center of the sieves. You might check into installing one of these. Drawback would be that you would need to have that side on the 'downhill' side to work effectively.

We replaced ur 2366 last year with a 2388. No comparison between the 2 machines. We should have bought an 88 instead of the 66

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buy the sidehill dividers for the sieves They bolt on the sieve rails in the middle of the sieves I believe their are 3 on a 2166 They keep the grain going straight out the back not letting move to the downhill side. You can buy them at any CaseIH dealer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As others said, the sidehill kit which consists of dividers that go down the ribs of the chaffer will help keep material from sliding to the downhill side as it shakes out to the rear of the cleaning system. Correct air blast is also something to keep on top of. Also check that your pinch point on the concaves/rotor is where it should be and that you are getting even distribution to the auger bed and in turn to the chaffer. If you are loading up one side right from the start, even on level ground, it will only be amplified to a huge degree once you start going across a slope.

We've had a 2366 for several years now, 1640 before it, and have always been able to keep losses well in check, even with 1/2-2/3s of the farm in the HEL catagory. This combine will be staying with us for awhile yet with the acres we're putting through it, but when the time comes a 2388 will most likely take its place, though if the right 2377 came into play for the right price who's to say.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts