The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cutting beans tonite I got a little dirt in my 25' 1020 head, so I shut the feeder house and rotor off before I got out to clean the dirt off the sickle. After cleaning it, I got back in the seat, engaged the rotor and feeder house. When I tried lower the head back down to my cutting height, it dropped really fast and when I raised the header it did it really fast and seemed to lift somewhat even after I let off the button. It did this to me two more times and then it just raised and lowered very slow. The code on the corner post reads, header E1. I looked at the pots on each side of the feeder house and they look normal. I've never had this happen before, so I'm kind of lost, but everything else seems to be working normally.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
We had a 2388 doing weird things with the header and it turned out to be a loose connection under and behind the seat. Seems there is about 8 foot of extra harness back there if I remember right and one of the connectors had vibrated loose. Likely a bad install from the factory. Fixed it and all issues went away. May not be your problem but cheap enough to check. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll get an odd error code once in a while as well. Cycling the key off then back on always seems to clear it, so I haven't bothered to investigate deeper.
But does cycling the key, fix the malfunction?

When the header was raising and lowering very fast, there were no codes shown. Only when it changed to, raising and lowering very slowly, did the header flashing light and the code, HDR E1 appear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
But does cycling the key, fix the malfunction?

When the header was raising and lowering very fast, there were no codes shown. Only when it changed to, raising and lowering very slowly, did the header flashing light and the code, HDR E1 appear.
Actually, my error code came on right at startup. So I don't know if there was a malfunction or not. I just went right to cycling the key, and the code/alarm went away - before actually operating the combine.

Don't remember what the error code was. Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.