The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2188 with field tracker and a 1064 corn head. The shafts on the head don't align very well with the combine. Is this a common problem or is there something I need for a fix.

Thanks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Do they have the straight hex shafts with couplers and no u-joints like a 944? If so, the bearing holder next to the sproket should have slots where the bolts hold it onto the head and you can adjust it that way. Needs to be very close to lined up or the hex shaft will wear in no time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has u-joints on one end and it does have adjustment next to the sprocket, but it still doesn't line up the best.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We had the same problem and I ended up modifying the mounts(torch and welder). However I did see a kit in the CaseIH product support catalog to convert heads to the fieldtracker drives.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It sounds like you have a non-tracker head. You will need to switch it over to the pto type shaft to drive it. You do not need to add any of the senors and then you can tilt the head manually. If you use the old hex shaft it will not work very well and I don't think that you will be able to tilt the head at all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm a little confused here, I just got a 1083 and 2188 w/field tracker and they have hex shafts. do i need to switch something?

·
Registered
134 Posts
CIH2188,

I don't know when they went to the pto style, but I'm pretty sure a 2188 and 1083 should have the hex shafts. What you might need if you have a field tracker and want to use it are the flexible shafts that work like a pto shaft going to a tractor. They just have the hex female end to mate with your combine's hex shaft. When I modified our 1083 to line up with our 1688 we didn't want to spend the money on the kit, so I can't use my field tracker, but I don't really need it on our terrain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts