The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a new rear cab wall uphostery piece in and don't want to put any holes in it. Tell me where you guys mount your two way radio's and how you route the antenna cable into the cab? I use a magnetic antenna that already has the radio plug in fastened on the cable so that entery point would require a 3/4inch hole. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why not open the right hand door, run the antenna cable along the weather stripping to the corner, bring it in the cab and shut the door. Mounting the radio without using the back wall is going to be tougher, maybe somewhere on the front of the right hand console?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I've seen two way radios mounted to the bottom part of the A pillar, to the front side of the console, just sitting on the floor, and mounted to the back wall right under the window. We always run the antenna cable in through the right hand door.

Personal preference is to mount the radio on the back wall somewhere, and put a microphone clip onto the right side of the console, just beside the throttle lever.

-Lance

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ive mounted my last 2 radios below the steering wheel on the front of the column. Just ran antenna wire under floof mat and out right window. found power under the right hand controls. Not sure where I'm going to this in the new 7010. I'll have to look at one at dealers lot & get a quick plan,(delivery isn't till mid Sept., thats going to cut things close.)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
We mount our radios in front of the electric fuse box under the hydro lever. It sits a few inches off the floor. Then we take a screw out of the A-pillar for the mike clip, or just drape the mike over the hydro lever when you are using it real often. The antenna cord can go into the top cover for the fuse panel, back and out via the cab wall to go outside. There are holes already there to feed it through. The power cable can get attached to something in the fuse box or the connection in the back corner of the cab if it isn't in use.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...lots of good ideas. I'm thinking I will velcro the radio to the top of the fuse panel lid using the hole around the gear shift lever as a way to get inside to run the antenna cable and power supply. For right now, I'm going to leave the microphone either attached to the radio or maybe velcro it to the side of the control arm just below where the throttle lever sticks up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Came up with a better place yet........my business band radio will fit right over the top of the piddley a** drink holder so velcroed it to that. Velcroed the mic clip to the control arm and see that I will need to allegator clip a small wire to the clip and run it to a piece of metal down where the electrical plug is just below the drink holder to provide for the channel guard.

Just another idea that I thought I would share with all you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts