The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the clean grain elevator from a 2188? Does it go out the top? Also my concaves need replaced. They are the large wire the front has all the wires in the middle front section has all the wires in the middle back section has every other wire removed and the back concave has every other wire removed. I have the keystock grates as well. I harvest mainly corn and soybeans. Is this the best set up? I bought the combine used and this is the way it was.

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
I took one out of the bottom. Makes a person wonder why case had to make all that into separate pieces. Man there is a bunch of junk on or around that thing! IH engineers at their finest.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Slide it out through the bottom. It is a heck of a lot easier if you take off the return elevator - not very hard. All you need is an electric rattle gun, 9/16, 1/2 sockets and some tins to put all of the nuts/bolts in. Have fun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Take it out the top. Dont mess with the tailings. Remove the six sided belt tightner swivel with grease zerk on it.It isnt all that bad but is nice to have help to lift it. Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts