The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at my combine yesterday that is in a bodyshop for non-replaceable panel repair and some painting due to a June 11th tornado. Purchased the side decals strips from Case, never looked in the box's....had body shop install them and looks like I have an odd ball set. At the "2188" designation, it's silver and then starts to fade to black. It is tooooo black at the end of that decal to match the next installed one that starts with some fade from silver to black. Bodyshop man claims he didn't "cut" any to fit, this is just the way they were. I wished he had called me to look for myself but it's toooo late now.

Anyone run into decals like these or anyone know of what I have? P/N on the box's was same as part book

I'm stumped.....guess I'll have "one of a kind" Doesn't look tooooo bad but it sure isn't like it ought to be!

·
Registered
475 Posts
got pics?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics...my junk computor will not acept my digital camera....used to, but for some reason it will not transfer pictures now...sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it possible that there was a right and left set? See if the end of one is the same as the start of the other on the other side. Just a thought.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a left side/right side and they can't be installed any other way...because the 2188's on the right side rear has to have a "long" one with the "Case IH" logo because the panel does not flip up like a 2388 does.

What really gets me is both sides are exactly alike as if it was plannned that way. Luck of the draw that I would get decals ordered in from a depot and both sides are EXACTLY alike!.....weird

1 - 5 of 5 Posts