The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have my chain tooooooo tight, with alot of foilage in the feederhouse because of picking up down Milo, would this stop the feeder house chain and slip the belt? My AFC is off and I have no indication on the A post of the feederhouse chain not feeding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is the belt slipping or is the feeder house clutch slipping? If the belt is slipping tighten it according to the manual and if the clutch is slipping tighten it according to the manual. We like running our feeder chain on the loose side. If you have a rock trap and if the adjustable pieces on the beater are all the way out that will hamper your capacity.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is slipping, It is supposed to slip at about 240 lbs torque. May need to tighten it up. I have alot of problems with that on a 2166 in wheat. Dropping the front feeder chain drum to the lowest position always makes it feed alot better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found several things wrong this morning in the daylight. Chain had come off the rocktrap beater, Feeder house was plugged where it enters the rocktrap and then found the jackshaft U-bolt on the right side of the feederhouse had broken and I lost all of the componets that go with it. Got all the repairs put on it and now "things are GOOD"!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts