The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2188 running in corn 8row 1084. ' A ' post red light starts to flash, the one with a picture of header with reel. Code E 5 is displayed. If you momentarily push header lift switch to raise head a little it will go all the way up, in a hurry! Your natural instinct is to lower it. When you momentarily touch the header switch to lower it, it free falls to the ground
It falls like a rock!! Using no header control, header is run manually. Allready broke one aluminum sprocket housing, gathering chain and sprocket.
Only way found to get out of the situation is to turn key off and then back on, seems to reset it and you can go until it starts to flash again. Sometimes it will do it many times across the field or you may go many rounds and things work fine.

Changed out the 'A' post with one from another combine but it does the same thing.

Unpluged the two different sensors on the left side of feeder house, and left them unplugged while combining, makes no difference does same thing
One other odd thing is the heater control Temperature dial seems to be acting weird, seems to cook you out where it used to be comfortable, keep turning it way into the blue area till we got it to not cook you out..... then after a few rounds it started to get cold in the cab like it should because the dial is way in the blue. Now the odd part, the red light quit coming on after several times of doing the key on and off thing and was able to turn the heater temperature dial to the normal setting to keep you warm , not cook you out and to not freeze you out . The header switch working normal also when heater dial works. Maybe not related, but it is weird, guess you would have to be there

Cleaned the auto header control plugs on feeder house with contact cleaner, thought maybe moisture in them or something, but not using them anyways.
What is E5 code, and might have seen code 50 not for sure, was pretty busy trying not to drop corn head and wreck more parts

Thanks for any help, Mark

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
it's in the book I've had it happen before. I think the feeder needs reprogramed. or the header pot is bad your on a corn head should be the center sensor. my .05

·
Registered
998 Posts
Remove your head & perform a full header height control calibration. When this is done and you have your head back on do a ground calibration. Usually this works as there is sometimes some sort of spike that will affect your controller.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Loss of internal regulated voltage to header controller. You need to check your height and float sensor wiring circuits, regardless if your using them or not. One of them has shorted out or together with other wires.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Loss of internal regulated voltage to header controller. You need to check your height and float sensor wiring circuits, regardless if your using them or not. One of them has shorted out or together with other wires.
Thank you mike f. I will check all that stuff out and let you guys know. From what I have looked at already, there is no AAHC wire harness that goes from the front of the feeder house back to cab. There is a 3 wire deal that comes out of the cab into a connector and then it has a plug in it. Also, there is a flat connector box where three wires go in and then three wires come out and its missing one of the flat metal jumpers inside of that. I have no idea what that hooks into or what it does. Any ideas? We plan to run a 1020 flex head on our 2188 and the pot on the header is black and cable type. Going into the dealer tomorrow to get that wire harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts