The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of people who own CaseIH combines have put hopper extensions on them and I have not heard any major problems. I want to put an extension on my 2188 and would like to know what to watch for as far as added stress on my combine. It already has 35.5 -32 tires on the front and axle extensions and the rear axle is set wide as well. I have heard that even if you are not in the mud to still run with the mud hog engaged to have the rear end help move the combine and take stress off the transmission and final drives. What is your take on this. Finally if any one has a fold down extension they would like to sell I would be interested. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We have had only two wheel drive machines and have no problems. The hydraulic pressure relief valve will prevent you from putting to much torque to the transmissions. I do stay out of third gear when the bin is max full just to keep the speed down to not stress the frame if I hit a bump. The bigger problem is the elevator clutch slipping in high yielding corn. You may need a bubble up auger if you have high yielding corn. This really helps push the corn to the top center and you get the max out of the bin extension.

All these extensions are a pain to put up and down when you go on the road, especially if your a little older and slightly over weight. That is when its good to have a young kid around.

The 7010 looks much easier to get in and put the auger and extension down without breaking your behind. I guess the new models will have an in the cab button to do it for you. If they come out with one of those upgrade combine kits you can bet I will be in line to buy one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts