The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a person need to remove the fuel pump and take it to a shop to set the fuel delivery and any other settings to turn it up? I run a 30ft head in beans and a 12 row 22" head in corn, the temp guage always runs in the bottom of the green operating range.

Just checking to see if any of you have turned up their 2188's, and if there was any problems with turning it up and how hard it was to do?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Quote:Dose anybody have any info on how to turn up the fuel on the 95 model year 2188 without the waste gate turbo?

Thanks

Check the post above with the link to the other thread. The injection pumps adjust the same. You just don't have to adjust the wastegate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big A, you don't think EGT's are a problem? Before I did anything to my truck everyone said to put EGT gauge on so not to melt anything. I do agree the wastegate increasing boost will help the EGT with more flow, can that turbo even put out more than 45 PSI? Will the water temp gauge let my know enough about the engine to keep the temps safe?

Just a few questions to make sure everything stays running.

·
Registered
975 Posts
EGT's can always cause a problem with anything. I didn't have a EGT gauge in mine, but I was going to put a EGT gauge and a boost gauge in it if we had kept it one more year. Start with a half turn on the pump first, and try it. As for boost adjusting the wastegate does increase the boost to keep the EGT's down. Since you don't have a wastegate the more fuel you add the more boost you will get, since the heat from the fuel is what drives the turbo. A properly sized Non-Wastegated turbo is better anyway IMO. The motor should be ok as long as boost levels are kept below 40psi. 45psi might be pushing it. Problem with too much boost is you will blow a headgasket. If you look above most guys that have checked it are only getting 30 psi with the wastegate unhooked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts