The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cutting soybeans in steep hills with a half full bin the combine erratically loses engine rpm's. It does great once I unload the bin but once it gets half full it starts doing it again. It never completely dies so I figured its some kind of fuel problem. When I loosened the fuel cap it had alot of suction pressure. Maybe a clogged fuel filter?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It mostly does it when I'm pulling up hill as well. I'll try all things that you guys suggested along with changing fuel filters. The lift pump sounds like its working fine. Do the primer buttons that are on the engines ever suck air, causing such problems as what I'm seeing?

·
Registered
913 Posts
How many hours on your combine? I believe injectors are recommended at 2000hrs (at least on our 2388). I believe we got to about 3000 engine hrs on hours before we did it. Go with brand new ones don't even mess with remans.

How about your wastegate? Have you unhooked it and blocked the hose off?

We also have disconnected the fuel line down by the water separator and blown air back into the tank, makes a mess but it helped for awhile then we'd do it again. Ultimately it was the injectors that fixed our issue.

Our symptoms were that once it would lug down it just didn't seem like it wanted to "pull" back up to rpms like it should.

The breather line as mentioned above makes sense if you have lots of suction, but I didn't even know there was a breather line until now.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced both fuel filters and unhooked the vent tube and blew it out. It reminded me of when I blow my nose after a day of harvesting and unloading trucks. There was alot of crap in that line and the combine ran great this afternoon. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Also undo the 1st fuel filter and see how much fuel runs out, I had to fix one machine that the tank had plenty of rubbish in it, undo the steel line under the tank at it should run out there.
Breather on our 2188 is pinched off at the filler neck, NEVER have any issues with the old girl!! 6500hrs, change filters every 250hrs, Never touched the injectors, not saying they don't need it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.