The Combine Forum banner

2188 parking brake

7069 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  mx270a
Forbid this to ever happen, but if the parking brake was accidently engaged at 20 mph, what would happen........besides a WRECK!

Wondering, is there is a over ride when the transmission is in 3rd gear? If not, sure is a poor place for a switch...Ex: microphone for two way jumps out of it's clip and falls on the switch, engaging it. Don't care to find out the hard way, if you know what I mean!
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
I believe the switch you are speaking of takes the parking brake "off" when one cannot start the combine to release the brake.

I know that is all I have used it for... It may do more but I am unsure.
Quote:
Quote:I believe the switch you are speaking of takes the parking brake "off" when one cannot start the combine to release the brake.

I know that is all I have used it for... It may do more but I am unsure.

Ok Ok, I'll read the operators manual and see what it does. I might be wrong.

I thought the parking brake was set with a spring, and that hydraulic pressure releases the brake. If that is the way it works, then one switch and a little electric motor won't have enough power to release the brake.

-Lance

Thats right, a switch and a motor does not, that is why one must then subsequently pump the brake after hitting that switch.
I was just hoping to hear back from MX270.....

As for the parking brake... You will more than likely not go through the window, I do not think it would be a pleasant feeling but it is physics in 3rd you are going what 21.5MPH? Throwing on the parking brake I would be will to bet you would break something before EVER having worry about going through the windshield there is A LOT of momentum there.
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.