The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just go get the afx rotor would be your best bet

I just had a thought thou...i think a company called stewart steel might sell the impellers to go on the front

incase you want to keep your existing rotor and bolt it on

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I currently run a standard rotor, thinking of going AFX. Looking for info on options and possible contacts. I farm in the Peace River Country. What's the best bang for da buck.

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
the AFX rotor has the same bars as a specialty rotor but the performance is better in greener crops that the grain is dry but the stems are green. In wheat & beans you'll see alot of difference. The old drive by the seat of your pants is no more. They improved the crop flow with the impellors on the AFX, as for the bolt on's from other companies I've had no expeince with them. Most of my customers go with the AFX when their old rotor needs rebuiding cause all the bars & labor is about half of the AFX rotor, but if your no-tilling you would like a chopper on your machine because the AFX rotor is so gentle on the crop that it comes out the same lenght you cut it. Hope this helps, talk to your CIH dealer & they can help you with what way you would like to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts