The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We struggled last season to get our 2188 to quit throwing grain out the back, wheat, soybeans. We're pretty sure it was out of the rotor. We use caseih small and large wire concaves in wheat and beans, respecitively. We did find that removing some wires in the second and third concaves did help. We also run slotted grates in wheat and keystock in beans. Have 30' head in wheat 60-100bu/a. and 35-65bu/a beans. We run with a 9510 and 9610 JD's and are the worst performer of the three. Any suggestions? Read a lot about cover plates and different concave and grate configurations, is that what i need?

·
Registered
561 Posts
What rotor speeds do you run? If you are experiancing rotor loss in wheat your rotor is running too slow or your concaves are too open. In hard thrashing wheat cover plates do help you can get aset from Harvest services in Craik Sask. I would start with only half of the first concave covered. Set tour rotor to 1000 rpm minimum.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i probably wasn't running fast enough in wheat. We have tried several speeds, but didn't make a whole lot of difference. Thought maybe something else was to blame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts