The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, new to this kind of thing. So whats the trick to get the shoe drive levers off to change bushings. Does the pin come out of the needle bearing or does the bowtie have to come off. And whats the trick on the right side, kind of tight against grain elevator. Help please.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Bowtie stays on. Arm comes off pin outwardly. May need a chunk'o brass and a hammer, but the arm is seperate from the pin. Right side, same thing, only instead of hitting the end of the pin with the brass, you may hit the arm from the side right on the pin boss area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The way we do it in our shop is on the left side keep the bowtie on remove the shield to the separator area, remove the cotter pin and pull shaker arm off. Gives you a chance to check needle bearing in the bowtie as well as the pin for wear. On the right side we remove the bowtie and shaker arm as one assembly (It is a tight fit but it will come out of there). Remove the four 1/2" bolts on top of the bowtie, next remove the outer two 1/2" nuts, the bolts have carridge heads on them and can stay in because they under the chaffer rail, the inside two 1/2" bolts will have to be removed from the inside of the combine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mrredtech. Worked out well as long as I knew I was doing the right thing. Right side is kind of a puzzle the first time. Replaced a rotor loss sensor. Anything else I should check while the seives are out?

·
Registered
37 Posts
While the sieves are out check the chaffer rails for cracks. They like to crack right around the welding where the bolt goes through, if you do have a crack you can try and weld it but we found that if you weld them the rail has a chance to warp and a new crack will show up. Check the hex shaft bearings as well while you are in there. There are new bearings with an updated seal for that shaft(easy to get at now). Check the auger drive gears as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts