The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt the clean grain slip clutch on my 2188. The manual says to compress the springs to 2-5/8". With a hopper topper would you stay with that measurement or if compressing a little more would be better. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
i broke my springs and replaced them in 17% 230bpa corn my bolts were bottomed from factory and i also switched my elevator to high speed and i run a maurer extension on my 2577 thats what i did but sure someone else might say different

·
Registered
3 Posts
A little more won't hurt, I would make another suggestion if you are combining any large grains to replace the bubble up auger as well. We were having a lot of trouble with the slip clutch in peas, we changed it twice and still had problems, finally changing the auger fixed our problem. The auger hardly had any wear on it but enough to make the clutch slip. This is not a big job and took about 45min at 11:30 in the evening.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
add a washer or two under the spring.... and don't grease the thing... never grease it... u want that sucker to weld its self shut... heck just weld it shut

problem solved.. haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts