The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2366 w/ specialty rotor doing 25% 50# test wt. corn. Having problems with grinding the corn. Concave @ 4.5; rotor @ 280- 300; fan @ 1200;shoe & chaffer both set @ 10 (external adj. rod kit). Looking for advice and what settings you generaly run your combine at.
Thanks for ANY advice!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2166 and am struggling w/ the same thing. Don't have the ext adjusters so my only comment is that everyone says to open the seives as much as you can get away with.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am having the same problem here in 30-36% corn. I'm pretty new at running a combine, but i have figured out already that the wetter the corn, the more it gets mashed in threshing. Somehow you gotta reduce the threshing aggression.

A good test i use all the time is the one in the manual where you kill the engine and stop the machine dead while running at field speed. It really shows you what is going on where in the machine. You can easily see where the fines are being created. Fixing it may be tougher.

I think your settings look good, and similar to mine. I open the concave and slow down the rotor till threshing becomes incomplete.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm having the same problems also. I put in a set of round bar concaves hoping to deal with the wet corn, 26%. I haven't tryed going that slow with the rotor yet but will try when it dries out some more. Rotor loss is what is making me crazy. I have read before to close the concave to the size of the cobs but that is 2 on marks which seems way tight. I don't know if you are suppose to run a tighter setting with the round bars. I have a 1640 with a 6 row head and that doesn't have any extra hp to spare in this corn. Any body have more ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have a 2366 on 6 rows with specialty rotor with round bar concaves set rotor at 5 rotor speed at 480 fan speed at 1000, standard seives top set at .5 and bottom at 3.4 of an inch and it does an excellent job in 25 to 30% corn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts