The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new reader. I have been offered a low hour CIH 2366 with 2208cornhead and 1020Airreel flexhead, Duals & FWD. Still i don't know a lot on CIH harvesters because running since 19 years NH,
actually a TR88 i'm seeking advice of the Bu/h capacity in 160bu/a corn at 24-27% moisture. Here in Québec /Canada it's normal to harvest corn over 22% and it can go up until 32% like this year.
How doss this model handle IP Soybeans in quality and capacity? What about the set-up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
georg, we owned a 1999 2366 first year we owned it we ran a 1063 (6x30") cornhead then went to a 1083 (8x30"). In 200 bpa corn it would handle the 8 row @ 4mph, moisture usually 22% & under. Never eally shelled enough high moisture corn to get an idea how it would handle it.

Also ran a 25' 1020 platform in beans yielding 50 -60 bpa, with higher yields at times. Again around 4 mph unless there were a lot of green stems which seem to be common with roundup ready beans. After a hard frost and stems dead the combine would have handled a 30' platform

Other than your high moisture corn I would say a 2366 with 8 row cornhead & 25' platform is a nice matchup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have a 2366 too and we're thinking of upgrading to a 2208 head. I'm wondering about whether it can handle the weight. Have Firestone 30.5-32's on it. 12 ply. Also have a Crary big top. Can those tire handle the extra weight of the head?

Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
We run a 2366 in IP soys, we had zero dockage and no issues at all with them. We ran a 25' head with an air reel in them and it handled it with no problems at all, we were only cutting at 2.5 mph though because of pushing and how dry they were and they were yielding at 42 bu/ac on avg. In corn we run a 6 row head and in 140 bu corn and it would handle that at 5.5 mph with no problem at all. This our first year with it so that's all I can say.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have the same machine. We have a 25' flex head and we can cut beans up to 4 mph. Limiting factor is the knife on the head. We have a 2206 corn head and we've gone up to 5 mph with that. That's about the limit of what the head will do as it pushes the stalks ahead even at that speed. Part of the reason I'm asking about an 8 row is that I can harvest corn at a more reasonable speed, especially is it happened to not be standing as well as it should. Except in wheat, we hardly ever use the limits of what horsepower the machine has.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 98 2366 and run a 1063 6row 30', in irrigated corn around 200 bu and low 20's moisture. I feel power loss in the mornings and with certain types of corn. It will run the 8row but not fast. Around 1500 bu/hr is my limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts