The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started on corn yesterday with my new to me 2002 2366.

Corn is running in the mid 20's for moisture and about 200 bu yield. Running 3mph with a 6 row head.

When the hopper gets about full the slip clutch will let loose on the clean grain elevator.

Yes I have the hopper topper on my 2366.

In beans it worked just fine but will not push the wet corn up.

Which sprocket are you guys running for the elevator drive and would it help to switch to the faster sprocket.

I have already tighten the clutch springs some. Don't know how much is to much to tighten the clutch.

Any ideas guys?

Gary

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yup you got it unit2. My local dealers combine wiz told me to add the washers and clean the grease out of it while it was apart.

The JD dealer I bought it from greased every zerk before delievery. I will never know why IH put a grease zerk on a slip clutch. If it doesn't slip it doesn't need grease. If it slips you got other problems not lack of grease.

Gary

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to have the same trouble on my 2388s. Not sure but I think the 2366 is the same way. You can only tighten the clutch so much because there are spacers inside the springs. I used to put a flat washer behind the springs. The flat washer has to be big enough to let the spacer go inside the hole of the washer. Then tighten up the springs. I never had any trouble with this making it too tight that it tore things up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts