The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace the concaves in my 2366. I would like some recommendations on what I should get. I run mostly corn and soybeans and about 20 acres of milo.

Do the roundbars work in soybeans? And do you run all three roundbar concaves when they are used? I have heard about Kuchar and St John welding hard surfaced concaves.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Round bars work good for soybeans and even better for corn. We have them in a 44 and an 88, three in each. I don't know about milo, there's none grown around here. Ours came from Harvest Services but Case also makes them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
round bar concaves are the only way to really eliminate plugging in damp conditions. If you are combining tough uneven soybeans, it may be necessary to run one or two cover plates. Harvest Services round bar concaves are heavier built than cih, although I'm sure they still work good too. Most people around here run Harvest Services, they have been out a lot longer, and they were the only ones making them for the small rotor combines. As far as I know cih only makes the round bar concaves for the 77, 88 rotor. Anyone know if they now make them for the smaller rotor?

·
Registered
209 Posts
helical concaves have the cross bars welded at an angle so that as the crop rotates around through the combine it rubs across the concave bars more 'straight on' to get a more aggressive threshing and seperation action. Most guys around here that use helical concaves have them for difficult to thresh grain such as hard red wheat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts