The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 cih 2366 with the pro 600 yield/moisture monitor. I don't think that the little auger that empties the sump for the moisture monitor is working correctly. When I turn on the key, nothing happens at the motor, but there is juice to the weather proof plug just ahead of the motor. Can anyone tell me how often the auger should be turning? Can I get just the motor, or do I have to buy the whole assembly? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's a 5 amp fuse by the motor I'd check that first but if that's good there's a proximity switch by the moisture sensor. The only time that motor turns on is when the switch is triggered or after the rotor is turned off to clean the system out. I had a 2366 for 7 years with only fuses going out on it. My 7120 has gone through a motor and a few more fuses.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a 2001 cih 2366 with the pro 600 yield/moisture monitor. I don't think that the little auger that empties the sump for the moisture monitor is working correctly. When I turn on the key, nothing happens at the motor, but there is juice to the weather proof plug just ahead of the motor. Can anyone tell me how often the auger should be turning? Can I get just the motor, or do I have to buy the whole assembly? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
The motor will not turn unless a) the separator is running, and b) there is grain covering the face of the proximity switch which is located at the top of the grain chamber, behind the red cover plate on the bypass unit.

Put 12v and ground directly to the motor and see if it runs. If it does, and if fuse 35 in the cab is good, then you're probably in good shape. Does the Instant Moisture change on your Pro 600 as you go through the field? If not, and you've tested the motor and checked the fuse again, then the proximity switch may need to be adjusted or replaced. There are a couple of other possibilities as well, but check the motor and fuse first.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found the smoking gun. The end of the little auger that empties the sump is worn down, so even though the motor is turning, it's not catching the auger. I put a shim washer on the bottom end to push it up further, and I'll find out this afternoon if it works. Preliminary data looks good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.