The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was picking soybeans and my internals stopped and the belts were smoking on the right side. It appears that the back end is plugged. Any ideas? I'm new to all this and this year is being very challenging to say the least.

Max

·
Registered
430 Posts
Drop your straw spreaders and look in. There are little buttons on the spreaders to release. If it's plugged, pull stuff out till you can see the chopper/beater. That's the pulley that will smoke and probably be black. Might have to drive ahead a few times to get away from the pile. Always keep an eye on the mirror and make sure stuff is hitting the spreaders. Not a fun job to unplug the back end. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That has happened to me before and it turned out to be the spreaders weren't turning. Make sure they are working properly too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drop your straw spreaders and look in. There are little buttons on the spreaders to release. If it's plugged, pull stuff out till you can see the chopper/beater. That's the pulley that will smoke and probably be black. Might have to drive ahead a few times to get away from the pile. Always keep an eye on the mirror and make sure stuff is hitting the spreaders. Not a fun job to unplug the back end. Good luck!
Thanks guys. I did find a burned belt and the chopper pulley is blackened. I'm digging out the back. Man what a job!! I only have 1 spreader as my father lost the other before I inherited the farm.
Any ideas as to the best place to get a replacement?

Max

·
Registered
430 Posts
Could find an ag machine wrecker but they will be worn out too, so might have to get to a CIH dealer or CNH, whatever they are. My son dug out his machine with peas on a 34C day and the material must have been 40C and was ground to a fine wet powder. Took a couple of hours. Brutal job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pull as much material out from the back as you can, if you have blocked the rotor aswell put it in low and engage at rotor at low revs, just flick it on for a couple of secs then off, that usually unblocks it for me. You might need to speed up your rotor/ fan and tighten concaves

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check to see if you are running your beater/chopper is running in high when cutting soybeans. We know a few that plugged up the back because their chopper couldn't throw it back fast enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check to see if you are running your beater/chopper is running in high when cutting soybeans. We know a few that plugged up the back because their chopper couldn't throw it back fast enough.
I just replaced the belt on the chopper drive. It is on for high speed now. It wasn't before.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts