The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks every one!

@ trakman we always have a cart in the field with the combine and we really don't want to have to fold them down to get in the shop.

The reason that there is no shield in front of the feeder house is so that we can see better dad took it off when the head was new.

Again thanks every one for the positive comments!

Eric

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess that i will say thanks to that

haha we just re-paint it every year that is it! it is old has been ran through over 6,000 acres and the gear boxes leak! LOL

Eric

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It handles it good! Well i guess pretty much all of you are going to say this is slow we run 3.5-4 in corn with yield from 160-200 we do slow down about .3 or so when unloading. It has 1100 engine hours.

Eric

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's ok I only run 3.5-4 mph in 160-200 bu corn too. I could run faster but then the trucks just get backed up.

BTW the combine looks good.

Thanks, yea most of the time we run about 3.5 or even 3 MPH that is pushing it pretty hard the biggest problem is the cleaning capacity when you get above 200 Bpa corn you have to slow down because it cant handle it. We find that the drier the corn the faster that we can run Late last fall we were finishing up corn it was making about 160 we were running 4.5 mph that felt fast!

Eric

·
Registered
299 Posts
Eric....still admiring your combine. If you want to "dress it up" alittle more, do what I did to my 2188. Below the side lights at the corner of the bin, go down about 6 or 8 inches and buy the "30 Year Rotary Leadership" decal available from Case and install it there. It looks VERY nice there and really "sets" off the huge bright red panel. I went one step farther and had a decal shop make me a "2007" decal to install under the word "Leadership" to designate that the year 2007 was the 30th year of the Axial Flow. Put this on my 95' 2188.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts