The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Farminflyboy is right the two speed has to do with the hydro and is to be used in 1st or 2nd gear, altho I have a neighbor who uses it in 3rd gear on the highway (don't think that is too good on it). We have a 2188 with it on it and two 2388 with it. The 2188 dosn't work any more so if it quits you are not just a sitting duck. As far as value I would not give any thing for it but it is nice to have.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The two speed is a valve that goes in the hydro down on the transmission and we had them on our combines for years and never had an issue with one. We disabled the cut out switch on all of ours so we could get more speed on the road as well. If you want to disable it the micro switch is by the fuse box under the right hand armrest.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We are looking at upgrading to a 2388 and some of the combines advertised say they have 2 speed. What exactly does this mean? Does it mean the combine has a high and low speed but also has the regular 3 gears? Any information such as opinions, reliability, and value of the 2 speed is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The 2 speed has to do with the hydro, on the 2388 i drove top speed in 2nd went from 7.5 to 8.8 with the 2 speed. As far as i know there aren't any reliablility issues as long as you only use it in high for "roading" in the field, such as going back to the truck with the tank full. I wish we had it on our 2188. I'm sure some one can give you more solid info on reliabilty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts