The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 2388 and the afs monitor is giving me problems. The touchscreen works sometimes, then the next day it wont. Ive tried cleaning the screen good and that doesnt help. Anyone have this problem before?

I dont know the model but its about an 7 inch black and white screen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My guess would be that the screen is starting to "de-laminate", it will probably need to be sent to ag express for repair. when its not working you might try squeezing the left side about 1/3 of the way down with one hand and pressing other buttons it may let it work.

·
Registered
560 Posts
you say 7", which is right between the two sizes CIH actually offered (5.5 and 9.5). So I'm not sure which one you actually have. The one that had the most problems was the larger one. Either way, what you're seeing is likely delamination. Squeeze the upper left corner of the display (on the black bezel around the actual touchscreen), and try to operate the display while you're squeezing it. If this works consistently, then it's a pretty sure sign that delamination is the problem. As a temporary fix, you can GENTLY use a C-clamp to apply pressure (use a couple of cardboard pads to protect the display). AgExpress can repair these displays if you have time to send it in. Or you can update to the Pro 600 and have the color display, option to run autoguidance, etc.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yes (hence the "10.4" quoted for the Pro 600, GS2 2600, InSight, and FMD, and the 12.1" spec for the FmX)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Squeezing the left side did work. About how much will it cost to get it fixed.The screen size is a 5.5 inch.

·
Registered
560 Posts
AgExpress is familiar with this issue. You should be able to call them and get a quote. Ask to talk to Chad. 515-289-2746

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unless something has changed since last year AG Express can't repair the small AFS monitors. You will have to buy a new monitor and I believe that all you can get now are the PRO600 monitors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts