The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with their alternator not keeping up? When I run during the day it runs fine, when I turn my lights on at night the alternator gauge reads less than 12v and startup the next morning is non existent. I know my batteries are good bc they hold a charge and run all day no problem and hold charge for days as long as I don't use the lights. I clean the filter on the the alternator and still have problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running the lights that came on the machine. No extras. I ran the combine tonight after cleaning the alternator out again. If I rev the machine to full idle everything works but im once I bring it to idle it will dim the lights. The whole time the volt gauge goes down slowly to 0 but never loses all its power. Once I turn the lights off before shutting the machine down, the volt gauge goes back up to normal. I still have a dead battery in the morning bc I don't let the system recharge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.