The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen there was a little play at the needle bearingat the center of the chaffer hanger. So I replaced the one side that was easy . But how do you get the other side out its behind the clean grain elevator there dost not look to have enough clearence to get it out .Its a 2000 model 2388. I dont think you should have to take the elevator of that looks like a pain.

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
you have to take the bracket off that it mounts through (either a piece of channel or a cast X piece). Then you have to twist the arm just right and it will come out. about an inch more clearance at it would have been a lot easier to do!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i cant remember how i got mine out...but it is easier to put it back together coming in from the back side...i imagine it came out the same way...dont force it...you just have to get it turned just right to get it in/out. 2 people are best

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can try pushing shaft back into combine using its own nut and some steel to make up distance to grain elevator. Its awkward to do but you may be lucky.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Have you ever tried to change the shaft that the bearing goes on when it was broken off
?????? what a *****n job .
Marshall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts