The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are running an 05 2388 and a 12 row 30 2212. i do realize we are maxing our elevator with this combo. we have wet corn30% and huge yields this year 260bpa i can only fill the bin about 10 in over bubble up and slip clutch goes off. if i slow right down to 1.5 mph i can fill the bin.. jusr curious if others are runnin g this combo and if the mauer bin fill auger is worth tring in this situation. i think this will help alot. ant input is appreciated

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't over grease the slip clutch, and if memory serves me corectly I think we put a washer next to each spring to tighten the clutch. (There might even be heavier springs also but i don't remember)I've been picking 15-20% corn running 220 bus plus alot of times at around 5-6 mph with a 6 row. I do have a monitor in the machine and on slow speed the elevators are rated at 2550 bus/hr and I'm seeing on the screen alot of 23-2400 bus and at times I'm seeing 2600 plus. When it gets that high I back off and try to keep it around 2400. But even so when the monitor is reading over 2550 it never plugs and stops. You might want to try the washers and put the elevator to high speed which is rated at 3000 bus/hour. I do have maur ex and no bubble up. I used to in the past also plug the elevators and found that at times in corn I think I had the shoe closed a little to much, check and see how much you are running back the return as that will take power away from the elevator drive system as well. In my experience in corn we can run the shoe pretty open before we see any trash in the sample.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I added a another set of bolts and springs to the other holes on the slip clutch. It got me to a full load. Case ih should have a spring kit for that 2388. Common sense is needed when doing this trick you should drive the same speed not faster because it doesn't slip. I have 30% corn too isn't it just great this year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just had this problem with our 2388. The hub that mounts the slip clutch was worn, let the bolts bottom out. Adding washers will not help if that is the problem. Only way to tell is to remove the hub.

·
Registered
808 Posts
If the clean grain auger is wore any amount you need to replace the top flighting or put a poly kit in and a small washer under each spring on the slip clutch helps too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Adding washers will help but the only way to solve this is to replace the clutches. Had 2 2388's last year in corn do the same thing, replaced them and no more trouble. Just like ayars660 said don't grease them. Good luck with rest of your harvest. S

·
Registered
37 Posts
The mauer auger is definately worth a try, it takes a lot of stress off of the clutch, as well as the belt drive. If you get the clutch to stop slipping, the next thing that slips is the belt, then poof there goes your belt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just as bigs1 said replace your clutches, not a bad job. And while your at it replace the three springs with a set made for the 2588. Had the same problem in rice which is a much harder grain to move around. First I replaced in-cline auger in bin, didn't help, added washers to existing springs on clutch, no good. I don't know exactly which one did the trick the 2588 springs or the new clutch it doesn't matter I can fill a bin now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another thing to look at is if the clutch has slipped much at all, check the hub to see how much it has worn into the outer hub, as they wear on each other it lowers the tension on the springs, making them slip more.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Our lexion 480 would slip the belt in corn over 18% as soon as it had to push up a little pile, always seemed like a weak part of the machine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same problem with our 2388. Ended up being the lobes on the slip clutchs were wore down. Replaced , and our dealer suggested to add the washers on top of the springs to up the grip tension. No more problems, especially in tough wheat trying to fill extention to the top. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts