The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My concave display numerals aren't matching the actual settings anymore. I tried to reprogram the cornerpost 3 times today and it still is reading wrong. If it is set on 3 out side and I move it a whole digit in the combine it's moving to 4 and a half out side instead of 4.

I hope that is making sense. Wonder what the most likely cause of this is.

I hit a power line the other day but nothing else seems to have been affected other than this and I doubt the two are related but possible.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
FUNNY BUT I'VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM -- I put in a new rheostat and it was a little closer but still not right . But I found that the linkage from the concave adjuster to the rheostat arm is really sloppy and am thinking of putting little tie rod ends in there like the ones on the header sensor .

·
Registered
998 Posts
Best thing to do is close the concaves fully to the stop bolts and carry out the cal through the corner post (as you said you've done). While it's at zero adjust the slide on the rotor side cover to get a happy medium of what the indicator shows. It's only there for a visual reference as there's a lot of variables - rotor side cover sitting differently, indicator arm bent, indicator slide has slots for adjustment.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot I even asked that question here..lol. I replaced the rheostat/pot with a new one and that did help ,but I agree with Marshall that linkage looks like a 3 year old designed it. I'm gonna come up with some new linkage myself this winter. I like the rod end idea !Thanks for the inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.