The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Any recommendations on aftermarket concaves and feeder chains, going in a 2388 IHC
Too many to choose from.
Will be combining flax and red clover this year but usually oats and flax.
Been researching Estes
XPR2 Concaves
Does anyone have any experience with any of these? TIA!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My suggestion for concaves would be kile manufacturing all crop concaves. I installed them along with k505td rasp bars from kile this year and my sample is great and there is almost no rotor loss compared to my caseih small wire and wide wire concaves. I combine hard red wheat, malt barley, field peas, and canola.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
since you’re in Canada I’d recommend Wildfong concaves and Harvest services plastic feeder chain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Looking into them HS chains,
I’ve got that answer a few times from another forum too 👍 thanks so much

·
Registered
276 Posts
For the "legacy" combines I prefer the Gibson "elastomer" feeder chains by far over the Harvest services plastic or any of the steel slat chains.
The elastomer slats with fiberglass rods flex and handle rocks quite well.
They are way lighter than steel slats so the chains usually last 1500+ hours.
The slats will break on larger rocks or if you catch a med rock just right.
But a few minutes changing the broken slat and away you go.
That same rock with a steel slat chain and at least one of the chains would break and or bend/twist up meaning a couple hours work piecing together a chain or replacing the entire feeder chain .
I ran Harvest services plastic chains in 2 combines and did not have very good luck with either.
Poor feeding and lots of bent steel strips in the slats that were a pain to change.
Gibson Industries

Gibson Industries Ltd. - PO Box 12 Eyebrow, Saskatchewan S0H 1L0
Tel. 306-759-2572 - Fax 306-759-2166 - Email [email protected]
As for concaves the Wildfong or Loewen are good heavy concaves.
I have not used any of the "helical" designs.
For flax and canary seed I do have one lead concave that is a very close space fine wire design.
I have no idea who made it but suspect it was a sunnybrook, howard or ?? aftermarket company in western canada??
It worked fantastic with 2 regular narrow wire concaves with a blocker plate over the front section of rear concave where the return/tailings dump back into the rotor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts