The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to run a draper on my 05 2388. dealer said it needs to be 12 row ready. what will that cost? also will a 2388 handle a 36' draper?

my machine is 2wd and i have the auger ext.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We have a twelve row ready 2588 and made a 2388 twelve row ready not sure on cost, twelve row ready is RWD, twelve weights on back axel and a three cylinders under feedehouse, not sure what else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
we run a 36' CIH 2062 on '05 2388. Lifting is no trouble with the third cylinder but it is heavy for the machine. 12 weights on back and chloride in the tires and it's still noticeably front heavy. Handles it OK though. The third cylinder is not terribly expensive or hard to put on. Ours was put on three years ago but it was less than $1K then. The weights are a little spendy. We were quoted nearly $3K, but found that the ones from the front of the old 5088 fit on the racks perfectly. With a 3' auger extension you have to get quite close to trucks and hitting the center of the grain cart is a little nerve wracking. Would like to have an extra two feet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe there there are only certain tire combinations recommended to handle the additional weight of a heavy header. If you have 30.5-32s they they may not large enough. The rear axle for a 2wd 12 row ready machine may have been different than the rear axle for a 2wd non 12 row ready machine. I believe a 12 row ready machine uses dual steering cylinders compared to a single cylinder on a non 12 row ready.

Are the final drives different for a 12 row ready machine?

·
Registered
127 Posts
We have 36ft 974 macdons and we put have the third cylinder on feeder house and the work great ya its light in the back end but not bad in the feild. We have run the 36fts on our two cyylinder 2388 and it works but it wont lift past about 18inches off the ground.

·
Registered
998 Posts

• 3rd lift cylinder
    30.5-32 tyres
    Rear weights
    Auger extension
Good to go on a 2388. 90% of the machines here run 36' drapers without being "12 row ready".

·
Registered
177 Posts
Run 36' Honey Bee draper on 2006 2388 2wd with 2 cylinders. Have fluid in back tires and an auger extension. Have to be careful with it but we get by. No sudden stops or tight corners. We can lift to almost full height(can get the header stop on and off) by upping the hyd relief pressure. Still looking for a third cylinder. Transport is a little dicey but it sure works good in the field.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts