The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first wheat season with my 2388 cant get a clean sample compared to my old 1688 its driving me nuts? heres my settings everything i try doesnt seem to help.. concaves brand new small wire, rotor set at 1.6, 1060 rpm, fan speed 1100 rpm, 2 to 3 bars showing on return monitor, ground speed 3 mph, wheat is 95 bus/acre at 13% moisture, top sieve .5 inch bottom sieve .25.
ive tried closing the first section of top sieve, bin has chaff ,stems,and some white caps, docage at receiving elevator is .3% accepable but looks like crap in the bin window while combining any help or advice ive had a rotor case for over 13 yrs. its like i dont now whats up. but cant figure this out, seems like playing with sieves closing just isnt yeilding any positive results

·
Registered
91 Posts
what tape of rotor in it ? also check your vane setting in the rotor your sample has alot of trash like the fans not doing its job ihad same problem with my 2388 with afx rotor

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
afx rotor veins in the middle fan maxed out at 1100 shouldnt be anything light left in the bin or over the seive?

·
Registered
91 Posts
i thank they need to be move forward for wheat ill check mind tomorrow let you no for sure because i had the same problem with mine it not seive settings problem i thank its rotor because my first 2388 did not do this it had special rotor

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have you tryed a kill-stall? I would see if the shoe is loaded even or if everthing is on 1 side.I would check your concave setup...make sure your pinch point is right, level and zero them. those combines had to be spot on especially if the wheat is hard to thrash

·
Registered
349 Posts
Try slowing the rotor way down, leave the straw in bigger pieces, it makes it alot easier on the sieves. Cutting last week with our 2588 with large wire concaves i was running the rotor between 700 and 800 and doing a very good job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes agreed, you should check your pinch point is right and slow your rotor down so not too harsh if you know what i kinda mean

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
IMO, you may not be keeping the machine full. Perhaps try going a little faster or cutting a little lower if you can.

IMO, that rotor speed is mighty fast for the large diameter rotor. If you need to run that fast, try to keep some sort of material with the wheat heads to use a rubbing medium.

IMO, you might go back to your original setting as you used on your previous machine, except close that front section of the chaffer and break the handle off so you are not tempted to open it ever again, then check your rotor speed empty and when you hit the wheat, pull the rotor down say 60-70 rpms and see what happens. Dont pay attention tot he ground speed, just run by the rotor tach and watch your header height.

IMO, your description of the problem sounds like the machine is simply not full enough to operate properly. However, that is only my interpretation of the written description, as I may have missed the header width and cutting height if it were mentioned.

That's my opinion.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
clf, is it hard thershing wheat, we have this issue with glen wheat, install interuppter bars on first two concaves, works very well, vanes in middle, agree with above posts, check pinch point, bars in good shape, should be able to set by book and git ya darn close, scott.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for now going to set vanes were not right.. ill try slower rotor. close the front section again!!!, cutting 30' at 4 header height, i could increase ground speed going 3 mph now will try 3.5 or more. rain today hope to try saturday never had an afx before so this might help thanks alot guys

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
clf, drop header down and pull half moon cover above transion cone,see what vanes look like, make sure not folded over, look at elphant ears, outer edges should not be sharp, one other thing i have seen, right side of machine, that holds concaves up, bolts missing or bent, level concave and find set pinch point, what bar system do you have on rotor, this could be a issue also, scott.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts