The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 2388 and am looking for the electrical schematic or any suggestions. The left and right turn signals both work fine but when you turn the work lights on the left signal works without any problems but the right turn signal does not. I have checked fuses switched a few relays but still the same problem. If anyone has the electrical schematic or a suggestion it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with wiring on your 2388, when you have your field lights on the turn signals control the two side lights right behind the cab at the grain tank. My 2188 works the same way as you described so I think they are the same.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would agree, except when I turn my left signal on the side light lights up as you say but the signal also works, but this is not the case on the right side, why would that be?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The design is that when the field lights are on, the right turn signal should be the side lights instead of a right turn signal. The left turn signal should continue to function normally.

If both the side lights and left turn signal come on when you put the switch in that position, something wasn't connected correctly. Sounds like that wire was connected to the left side instead of the right side. That would explain why nothing at all happens when you try the right turn signal.

I don't have an electrical schematic, so I have no idea where that connection is made. If you don't get an answer here, I'd suggest dropping by the local dealer. They should have a troubleshooting book with a section for the electronics. I know my dealer has allowed me to read through that book, I assume your dealer would extend the same courtesy.

-Lance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts