The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade from a 1460 to a 2000-2003 2388, are these pretty much trouble free electronically ? I really don't want any down time because of electronic gremlins .If anything what gives you the most fits ? Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
I haven't heard of any troubles on any of them and we just traded our 5th case off for a JD. I think the only thing you have to worry about would be mice and rats, and it don't matter how good your shed is that can happen to anything or body

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
We've got a year on our '99 2388 and haven't had any electrical problems. During wheat harvest there were two lights out on the right side of the cab. We messed with it and got one working, but the other's still out. I don't know if it's burned out or not, but I've heard of other people having trouble keeping the lights working. We'll have it in the shop in a few days and I'll mess with it then. You'll like the 2388. It's a Cadillac compared to the 1460.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Ive had my hands on 4 2388's from new to 4 years old and thats for 10 years or so now.

in all that time we have had lil things but never anything major.

Once the combine wouldn't read engine rpm's and that caused us some problems but the guy driveing forgot to tell us that the engine rpm's was reading 0 when the combine acted up.

all in all its a really great combine

·
Registered
105 Posts
We had a used and new 1460. We had more electrical problems with the 1460 than the 2388. We had several sensor problems and the mice chewed out the wire harness on the 1460.
I think the 2388 has more fiberglass covering major wires and the mice do not seem to bother it.

If you get a 2388 get one with the AFX rotor and the hydraulic feeder reverser. These combines are awesome.

When my dad traded the old 915 for the 1460 I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Now, while driving the 2388 I think back and it was like the 1460 was a Scooter and now I'm on a Harley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts