The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer use to help with service question, now they don't. Never had the feeder house off this combine2388), so I was wondering if anyone could steer me to wards any resources that I could reference before starting, instead of learning as I go which could be time consuming.

For example, this combine has field tracker. Where's the best place to unhook hyd hoses? At the cylinder? How to stop hyd oil from running at the reverser at the botton right on the feeder house. I'm not asking for a step by step just the difference between this combine and the old one(1688)

Any resources suggested would be appreciated, may i need to get service manual for combine. Like I said dealer use to work with you since I bought all my parts there. That service is no,longer available. Either figure it out yourself, which is what I'll try to do, or they have to come out and look at the combine.

Thanks for any suggestion

·
Registered
4 Posts
we have a 2377 i have had the feeder off we have a fork lift so i just lifted and wiggled and left the hoses hooked up the only way to stop the oil is drain it or have plugs for the lines there is no stopping it no shut offs i just rebuild the feeder house our top 3 sprocket bar broke so we did all to bearings new chain and so on

·
Registered
102 Posts
2 nuts and 1 bolt and the hydraulic reverser will slide off header drive shaft. Loosen 2 more nuts and the hydraulic connection block lifts off and everything can be swung over to side and set on floor. I remove field tracker hoses at valve block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts