The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early 2388 and have just purchased a used MacDon flex draper. My question is, I am missing the sensitivity control knob on the pannel. What all do I need to make this operate corectly? Tia

·
Registered
36 Posts
graybeardnd,
Your combine is missing the sensitivity knob, but does it have the other header control components?
Specifically, does it have the AHC mode select switch (M,RTC,HT,Float), does it have the height position knob, does it have a 3 pin round grey Duetsch connector at the front of the feederhouse?
Perhaps an easier question, have you used your combine on any other header that has header height control?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have all the rest of the height control knobs on the panel.
but I don't have an electrical wire with the gray 3 pin connector. Just a flat 3 pin that maybe for yellow header lights. I have never used a header with height control before. thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
graybeardnd,
To use the Float Optimizer on the head, you will need to add some sort of AHC to your combine. I know of two options to do this:

1. Contact your CIH dealer and order all of the parts for the height control system including
- the header control module
- the knobs/switches that are needed in the armrest
- the wiring to the front of the header
- other?

2. Contact Headsight
- call 574-546-5022 ask for Rob - I'll explain our system to you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts