The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2388 and when you let the header all the way down to the ground it just slaps the ground and won't raise up for 3 or 4 seconds what is going on?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will check on that. Should it be closed ? using a 2206 corn head with auto header height control.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dont know anything about a corn header never seen one sorry, I live in western Canada where corn isnt grown. Does it work properly in manual? Have you calibrated your ground height sensors?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Did you do the ground calibration? with feeder off press the lower switch for 2 s the hold raise untill feeder slifrs all the way..

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is an accumulator and where is it located and what does it do? I've never heard of that on a 2388, I know they use to use them on the older 14XX's but wasn't aware they were on the newer ones. Are they on the 16XX's as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First year with combine all I have used with it is a draper head to cut wheat guess it will get exciting come bean cutting time.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Accumulators have always been an optionand still are. on 21/23/2588 the accumulator is located under the cab and a needle valve with a round knurled knob is located inside the door where the rotor gearshift lever is, it is turned on by a switch under the armrest by the header raise lower speed knobs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts