The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks. we have a 2388 year 1998 with which the header is gradually dropping while harvesting. machine does not have auto header height control fitted and the rams are perfect. i suspect there is problem with solenoid on the valve chest but not sure.any ideas? thanks.andy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good chance it is leaking by in the header lift valve. Common problem that I would check first is the secondary poppet valve, this is easy to change and there has been alot of issues with these. There is also a thermal relief valve teed in the lines below the cone that could be leaking. good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It could be a weak raise/lower switch, try disconnect the wiring on the solenoid, if it still does it its a hydraulic problem otherwise its a electric problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is bypassing internally in the valve block or the seals on the cylinder itself. If it drops in sync or tilts left or right you have your answer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks folks. eliminated the thermal relief valve. problem not electrical and not the seals in the ram. how do i check the poppit valve and wheres its location.thanks . andy j

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi folks. took the poppit valve out from the valve chest. both the valve and spring visualy look fine. took ball bearimg and spring out from opposite side of valve chest and both also look fine. should i just change poppit valve anyway.thanks.andy j

1 - 7 of 7 Posts